Saturday, December 31, 2011

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy is a real Cowboy

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy always seems to turn up in video whether he wants to or not.
He's known for the 'rant' and the 'Gundy' dance. 
The latest flew off to Twitter around 9 p.m. Dec. 30 and shows the Cowboys coach riding a mechanical bull during a Friday-evening team, family outing at Saddle Ranch in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Gundy displays pretty good style in the 40-second video. He's finally flung off the mechanical bull, but his Oklahoma State baseball cap never flies off.
Here's what Gundy had to say Saturday about the video and experience.
"That's the first time I've ever been on a bull. Really at the end, I kind of let him knock me off because he was getting tired. So I figured I'd go down and give him a rest.
"That was a challenge from my own boys; that was how that all came about. I was unaware that it got out on the Internet until about noon today (Saturday). But my youngest boys wanted to go riding so I sent them over there with some money and they came back and said, 'You have to be 18.' I said, 'Well, you're a long ways from being 18; sit down and eat your dinner.'
"That's when they challenged me to ride it. I said I wasn't riding that thing. My littlest one said, 'That's because you can't stay on it.' This went on and on and so forth, and I had to go over and ride it."
"I was a little nervous when I had to sign a waiver releasing liability, but it was a good time."
Gundy said he didn't know how the bull ride had ended up on the Internet because the restaurant was practically empty.
"It was only like 6:30. I thought about that for a second (whether it would end up on You Tube) and it was like, 'There's nobody here that even cares or knows who I am.' But apparently, that's not the case."

No comments:

Post a Comment