Thursday, December 29, 2011

Fiesta is Blackmon's OSU finale; Weeden plays golf

The Fiesta Bowl will be Justin Blackmon's last game as an Oklahoma State football player.
Blackmon indicated he would turn pro about a month ago, but had wavered some in the week leading up the the Dec. 3 Bedlam game.
Thursday, he said he would definitely go pro after Oklahoma State plays Stanford on Monday.
"I chose to come back this year to better myself and try to make myself better for the next level. I did that. I think it's time after this game to move on and see what else is out there," Blackmon said.
Blackmon and Weeden returned for the 2011 season to help Oklahoma State beat Oklahoma, win a Big 12 title and go to a BCS bowl.
Mission accomplished
"The fact that we did it and we're here playing in a BCS bowl is the icing on the cake," Blackmon said.
The opportunity to play in a BCS bowl game is one of the reasons Weeden returned to OSU.
"We wanted to go to a BCS game. That was one of the things we talked about, and we were able to accomplish it," he said.
Weeden said he and Blackmon performed well this season and helped put OSU in a position to play in the Fiesta Bowl
"Everything we were able to set aside, we were able to accomplish," Weeden said.
Weeden also was able to accomplish a little fun during his down time in Phoenix. He got in 11 holes of golf at a Phoenix-area resort.
"I hit one of the best shots I've ever hit on a par 3," Weeden said. "It was 214 yards and I hit a low 5-iron punch draw to within three feet. I made the putt for birdie. If I'd missed the putt, I would have been pretty ticked off."

No comments:

Post a Comment